Chicken tajine with potatoes and green olives
Preparation : 10 mn
Cooking: 15 mn
Ingredients (2 servings)
- * 2 whole chicken legs
- * 4 potatoes for « Steaming and gratin »
- * 1 Onion * 3 cloves of garlic
- * 125 g of green olives * 1 pickled lemon
- * a little glass of bouillon * 1 spoon of tajine spice
- * 2 pieces of star anise * 1 cinnamon
- * 1 sprig of parsley * Salt
Carve the legs, separate the lower and upper part. Roast it a little in a spoon of olive oil.
Peel the potatoes, cut them into quarters and roast them for a few minutes in a spoon of olive oil. Fry the onion in a spoon of olive oil then add chicken meat and potatoes. Sprinkle with the tajine spice mix and stir the mix thoroughly. Add others spices.
Add a little glass of BOILING bouillon and stir the mix. Cover the frying pan with a pot-lid and let the mix roast for about 10 minutes. Add olives and sliced lemon, let it roast for another 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving. Using the original tajine cookware (for baking in the oven) is the best. However, it’s not a big deal if you use a frying pan with a pot-lid. You can use the traditional decorated tableware for tajine to serve the meal.